True to our original May line up, September will bring a delectable array of traditional, electronic and international music acts from around the globe to the hills of Galloway.
Acclaimed European and African based collective Afro Celt Sound System will join us. We’ve been after this band for a long time and thrilled to be able to finally welcome them to the hills. Their latest work explores themes of migration – both human and avian (a theme we know well at Knockengorroch!) – with a dazzling cast of stellar musicians from around the globe. Formed by Grammy-nominated musician and record producer Simon Emmerson, this European and African based collective has forged a reputation for energetic, uplifting shows featuring driving afro house, drum and bass beats, bold west African brass and exuberant electronic rhythms and bass lines.
Winners of the Songlines 2017 Best Group award and nominated for the same in the 2019 Awards, they combine folk traditions of different cultures in a unique and innovative way. We cannot wait!!!!
Not to be outdone we are proud to present:
• Kel Assouf, who will bring his unique blend of Tuareg roots and Psychedelic rock to Knockengorroch. With one foot in the Sahara and the other in Europe, Kel melts the African trance rhythms with the energy of vintage rock.
• Scottish favourites Shooglenifty will get crowds on their feet with their electric tunes and a full-on set of old favourites as the band celebrate 30 years together.
• Plump DJs: self admitted suckers for bass and ‘the groove’ fuse styles from their misspent youth into a multi genre mash up of Acid, Breakbeat, House, Funk, Garage, Disco, Hip-Hop, Electro, Miami Bass, Rave, Rock, Techno and Soul.
• A dazzling, joyfully electric mix of contemporary and traditional tunes paired with beefy, powerful accompaniment celebrating Gaelic, Americana, country and pop from The Poozies.
• Some of Scotland’s finest musicians, Moishe’s Bagel, will perform their thrillingly original cutting-edge klezmer and world folk music, blending Eastern European dance music and Middle Eastern rhythms.
• Bristol nine-piece band Cut Capers showcasing a swinging vintage-style brass section with funk, soul and hip-hop.
• Live dance music favourites The Inexplicables will bring their blending of styles ranging from hip hop and reggae to jungle and drum ‘n’ bass to the festival.
• Internationally renowned Glasgow-based soundsystem and long term Knockengorroch stalwarts, music production collective Mungo’s Hi Fi will bring Jamaican music styles with the sounds of UK club to the hills of Galloway.
Calum Easter, Tinderbox Orchestra, Samson Sounds, Samedia Shebeen, Dopesickfly, Ceitidh Mac, Awry, Blue Giant Orkestar, Romacaleo, Theo Bard, DJ Dolphin Boy and Fehdah will all be joining us in the hills.
With still more acts to be announced, the full dance tent line-up will be revealed in the coming months and festival goers can expect cutting edge tunes from the length and breadth of these islands.
The festival will also feature environment and heritage workshops and activities, dancing, comedy, theatre shows, arts and crafts and lots for the kids.